Did you know there are 12 archetype personalities which have been appearing in stories & myths all over the world seemingly forever?
Archetypes are universal themes of human life.
Carl Jung defined these archetypes as symbols of basic human motivations, that drive our desires and goals. These archetypes are featured in just about every story, including modern-day blockbuster movies and best-selling novels.
Each type has it’s own set of values, it’s own meanings as well as personality traits. You may be a mix of archetypes, but one archetype tends to dominate the others.
Understanding your personality archetype can give you insight into your behaviour and motivation.
What are the Archetype Personality Types?
Here is an overview of the 12 archetypes. Click on each to find out more about their most common traits, as well as examples:
- Caregiver Archetype
- Creator Archetype
- Everyman Archetype
- Explorer Archetype
- Hero Archetype
- Innocent Archetype
- Jester Archetype
- Lover Archetype
- Magician Archetype
- Rebel Archetype
- Ruler Archetype
- Sage Archetype
Why is it important to Know Your Archetypes?
First and foremost, it may help you to unveil a new layer of yourself.
Have you ever wondered:
- Who Am I?
- What am I meant to do with my skills?
- What’s my life’s purpose?
- Why can’t I make decisions with confidence?
- Why didn’t that last relationship work out?
Knowing your archetypes will answer these questions and more.
Archetypes are universal repeated energy patterns. There are 100s if not 1000s of different archetypes. Some have been with us since the beginning of time like the Healer and some are new like the Computer Whiz.
They are part of us and they act as our guides.
What kind of results can you expect from understanding your archetype?
I’m glad you asked:
- You’ll gain clarity of your purpose, needs, and desires
- You’ll have a new sense of direction
- You’ll make decisions with confidence
- You’ll have a better understanding of how you operate in relationships and what you need out of them
- You’ll shed roles that are not you and Stop trying to be someone you’re not
- You’ll feel empowered by knowing your passions